Overview:

The purpose of this blog is to document and share, in words and in pictures, the travels of a couple (Bri and Dan) during a 6 week loop around the country after recently graduating from James Madison University in Virginia.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cruzin' The Pacific Coast Highway

Dan and I have spent the past few days driving up the coast of California. We spent one night camping in Malibu, overlooking the ocean (not too bad). It was gorgeous- much nicer than the smog that greeted us in LA. Oh, but LA was pretty interesting... or at least the people were. I have never seen so many people that look like they just went to a Halloween store, bought a costume, and said "Hey, I think I will be Elmo today" or some other character. It was funny to watch. We also drove down Rodeo drive and saw a photo shoot taking place and so I took a picture and then realized as we were driving by that I took a picture of Michael Kors in front of his store (most girls will know who I'm talking about).

Then we met up with our friend Sean that night and went out to dinner in Malibu and took pictures of the sun setting which will be posted soon. Yesterday, we just laid at the beach for most of the day and it was so beautiful out finally- we did not bring the rain for once. After we got our fill of sun for the day, we kept driving up the coast and walked through Santa Barbara. I love that city! It has everything you could need in one town- the mountains in the background, the ocean in the foreground, tons of shopping and restaurants, and amazing weather. I would definitely go back there to visit, and if it wasn't so expensive, live there. I can see why people go to school there.

Last night we camped out in Buellton, and little city inland. It's a really great campground here- affordable, friendly, and well-maintained. We would like to spend another night, but we must press on. Now, we are going to head up to Santa Cruz and probably spend a night there, and then it's off to San Francisco!

4 comments:

  1. Just cathcing up with the Vegas pictures... particularly liked the bridge construction and the picture of the "best dam girl in the world". She can hang out with the dam people at Bow this summer :0
    Definitely more interested in the Malibu dinner at sunset setting then yourpictures on Rodeo Drive - Who the heck is Michael Kors, anway??? And do I care??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently discovered Michael Kors. When we were visiting my parents in Delaware, Zina said she had to go to his outlet. I thought she ment the frozen custard place on the boardwalk. Well it wasnt. Long story short she ended up spending some $$$ on a wallet with MKs all over it. Obviously a talented guy to think up an original idea like that.
    BTW I check the blog at work every few hours for updates when I have nothing to do, so dont disapoint.
    Stay safe, no hitch hickers, and keep on trucken.
    Love always,
    Justin Robert Drott

    P.S. I hear Maryland is beautiful this time of year if your looking for another stop to add. Charm City is a gem, a real good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have heard that Maryland is beautiful this time of year. After you visit Charm City just drive a half hour (which is nothing to you now) up 95 and pop in to see some friends who miss you two.

    P.S. Josh looked it up and we are 1.5 hours south of Philly : )

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy friends!!!
    Miss you children already.
    Your trip up the coast has inspired me to do one myself and drive to vancouver to hang out with some fam and some lovely ladies.
    Post some pics!
    Seanzie

    ReplyDelete