Overview:

The purpose of this blog is to document and share, in words and in pictures, the travels of a couple (Bri and Dan) during a 6 week loop around the country after recently graduating from James Madison University in Virginia.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Remember the Alamo!


Yesterday we arrived at the Riverwalk in San Antonio and we stayed at a hotel right along the river-- it is so beautiful here! I never would have thought I would want to vacation in San Antonio, TX because I had no idea what a great little town is here. I don't think it's a place I would want to spend more than 2 or 3 days in, because it's mostly restaurants, but there are things to do for the whole family as well. The Alamo was nice to see, and I'm glad I got a chance to visit, but it certainly is a lot smaller than I expected it to be!

After we saw the Alamo we got some chips and salsa along the river and then spent about 2 hours walking it. The weather here was perfect-- 80's and not a cloud in the sky... I don't mean to brag, I'm just being honest!

And this is a different topic completely, but did anyone see American Idol last night by the way?? I was pretty shocked at the outcome.

Alright well, Dan and I have a 9 hour drive ahead of us to Alamogordo, New Mexico to spend the night with Dan's cousin, Bernadette, who was nice enough to have us at the last minute!

That's it for now... but we will definitely remember the Alamo!

--Bri

2 comments:

  1. American Idol??? You're taking in the beauty of the country and still have time to watch?? You guys should be looking for your own American Idol grass roots champion as you travel America! Good thing the Celtics lost Sunday night. Otherwise you guys might have had a fight over the remote :)
    Glad you enjoyed San Antonio... and yes, the Alamo is tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Great picture! Sorry I haven't been "blogging". As you know, Bri - my computer and I don't get along :). San Antonio sounds like a great place - I was going to ask you if you were able to fry an egg on the hood of the lunchbox, but sounds like it was the perfect temp. there. (And no humidity - my kinda vacation spot! :) lol. Glad we got to recap about Idol last nite... and, yes, I'm still bummed about Adam. Hey, only like 40 more days to go!! Miss you tons!
    love mom

    ReplyDelete